- Keep updates short, similar to the length of a tweet. Use pictures to do the talking where possible.
- Check what times are popular – sign all pages up to Crowdbooster, which can tell you the best times to schedule posts on a page based on when fans are active. (This can also be applied to Twitter.)
- Posts have an average lifespan of 3 hours. Do not post more than once every three hours. Ideally post once or twice per day.
- Use the right words: “post”, “comment”, “take”, “submit”, “like”, “tell us”. “Click Like if you agree” works particularly well where relevant.
- Ask questions at the end of each post. “Where”, “when” and “should” drive high levels of engagement. “Would” generates the most likes. “Why” has a low comment and like ratio.
- Post “Facebook candy” – highly shareable content – especially motivational quote images. Click here for some examples.
- Keep posts simple.
Do you have any other suggestions? Add them below 🙂