Just a few thoughts, please feel free to add your own.
- Get a list of existing clients – client names and contacts at those companies. This will give us a good idea of who we are looking for and help to strengthen existing relationships.
- Get a list of 5-10 companies to target. Focus on these initially. Find them on Linkedin and Twitter. Review progress after 3(?) months, change target list if necessary.
- Review how important client attraction is. Currently we probably divide our attention 80/20 in favour of candidates – do clients want to change this? We could spend more time e.g. identifying and messaging potential candidates on LinkedIn if this would be helpful.
- Focus on developing a presence in LinkedIn groups run by the companies we want to target.
- Connect LinkedIn profile to the decision makers at these companies.
- Add a client support section to products and services tab in LinkedIn company profile.
- More explicit content about client attraction – services offered and benefits of this.
- More research into what potential clients are talking about. Write content on these subjects. Answer any questions they might have.
- When possible, a blog could be very valuable for client attraction – establish thought leadership.