I’ve recently been thinking about how we can encourage engagement with candidates using blogs. I’ve put together a few ideas below:
- Guest blogging from high profile employees.
- Guest blogging from celebrities who have worked with brands e.g. Jamie Oliver.
- Updating blogrolls – add links to sites which showcases the brands interests and highlights their brand personality. The owners of those blogs will find your blog and will be likely to add a reciprocal link in their blogrolls.
- Submit posts to Social Bookmarking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon and Reddit. This is a great way to boost traffic.
- Submit posts to Search Engines such as Google and Yahoo – submit the blog’s URL to them.
- Post one ‘photo gallery’ blog post per month – this could help with relocating candidates. The post could highlight an area of the town/city or a department at the brands Head Office.
- Host a link/feed to the blog site on the brands job website.
- Upload the Tubepress plugin – the plugin allows you to display YouTube and Viemo videos and galleries in blog posts.
- Include one picture per blog post – pictures are more likely to receive engagement.
- Include a live Twitter feed on blog site.
- Promote again via social – a few weeks later re-post the blog to the brands social media channels e.g. ‘Did you miss…’
Please leave a comment with your thoughts and suggestions; I’d love to hear your feedback!