After listening to the Work4Labs webinar, I’ve noted down some interesting statistics about using Facebook for recruitment. Please see below:
- 70% of recruiters say they connect more with potential job seeks due to widespread use of Facebook.
- 3 in 4 minutes on social networking sites are spent on Facebook.
- 1 in 7 minutes spent online are spent on Facebook.
- 73% of recruiters have successfully hired using social media.
- 18.4 million candidates found a job via Facebook in 2011.
- 52% of job seekers use Facebook to help find work.
- 57% of job seekers expect companies to interact with their fans and followers.
- Companies with strong Talent Pools receive 20% more applicants.
- Facebook users share things they like 3.2 billion times per day.
- 92% of people trust recommendations from friends.
- 88% of recruiters decreased their print advertising costs by using Facebook Ads.
- 35.87% more applications for advertised vs non-advertised jobs in 2012.
- 1 in 5 recruitment searches are now mobile.
- 600 million of Facebook’s 1 billion users access the site from a mobile device.