ComScore hosted a webinar called UK Digital Future in Focus which presented the key insights from the 2013 UK Digital Future in Focus report.
After listening to the webinar, I’ve noted some of the key findings from the report:
- Europe makes up 27% of the online population.
- Online Engagement is high in Europe at 26.2%
- In the UK there are 39 million unique visitors per year online with a growth of 5%.
- The UK has the highest online engagement in Europe with an average of 37.3 hours per visitor spent online.
- The UK has the largest digital advertising market in Europe.
- 2/3 of users in the UK are below the age of 45 making our online market younger than other European countries.
- Germany has the largest online mobile market.
- 64% of UK mobile owners are smartphone users.
- Online visitors increased in August during the Olympics and continued to grow until December.
- Job search has increased online by 51% and it has seen the 2nd largest online growth after retail.
- Google is the most popular site, followed by Microsoft and Facebook.
- ¼ of UK Smartphone users are aged between 24 and 34.
- UK Smartphone usage is likely to increase in 2013.
- Google is the leading operating system on smartphones.
- 6 million Brits have a tablet as well as a smartphone.
- Social Media is the 4th most popular content on smartphones.
- The UK is responsible for 1/3 of pageviews from mobiles and tablets – this is the largest in Europe.
- Internet usage is popular on mobiles during the morning commute, on PCs during the work day, and on tablets during the evening.
- Mobile video viewing has seen a growth of more than 262% over the past year.
- In 2012 there were 9.23 billion display adverts in the UK.
- Social networking adverts are making an impact with mobile advertising; these have a particularly high response rate with 18-24 year old smartphone users.
- Google captures 91% of the Search Engine Market.
- 1 in 5 smartphone users make a purchase on their smartphone.
There is a lot of data and our job is to work out how these insights will benefit our clients.